How to make Bridal Mehndi Designs for Hands
Mehndi is an integral part of Asian culture. It is actually a temporary tattoo with which women adorn their hands and feet. Women of other nations are embracing the mehndi designs too because they are temporary and natural. Mehndi is an integral part of Asian Brides, as it is said to bring happiness and good luck. It is also a sign of prosperity. The arms and feet of the bride are adorned with lovely designs. Bridal mehndi designs range from floral motifs to betel pepper leaf styles. Some designs are quite complicated but maintain certain symmetry. Modern mehndi designs are using geometrical shapes and include many other new designs.
In this article we will know how to make Bridal Mehndi designs for hands.
Before Applying Mehendi
Bridal Mehndi Designs are complicated, fabulous and attractive. But it is also a tedious task. Here are a few tips before applying mehndi.
1. Before applying mehndi sit in a comfortable position as after applying mehndi it needs 4 to 5 hours to dry and in that time you can’t do any work with your hands.
2. Before applying mehndi keep a towel and some tissues nearby as the mehndi may get smudged and you can wipe it out with these.
3. Make your mehndi paste at home yourself.
If you like DIY wedding decorations, you can also learn how to decorate coconut for weddings.
You will need:
1. Mehndi Cone
2. A Mehndi design
3. Tissue or towel
Process of Mehndi application:
1. At first take the mehndi cone and remove the pin from its tip.
2. Apply pressure on the upper side so that some mehndi paste squeezes out.
3. Clean the mehndi which had came out with a tissue or cloth.
4. Then hold the cone in the same way in which you hold a pencil or pen.
5. Take a look at the mehndi design that you want to make and then start applying it on the hand.
6. If you are applying it on your own hand then start from the tip of your fingers. If you are applying it on someone else’s hand then start from the base of the hands. If it is done in the opposite way then the mehndi will be smudged.
7. Think that the mehndi cone is a pencil and the hands are your canvas. Keep looking at the mehndi design and adorn your hands accordingly.
8. If any mehndi paste strays from the design then quickly remove it using the tissue or cloth.
9. After drying the mehndi colour will be darkest on the palm of your hands.
If you are not an expert with mehndi, you may want more details on how to apply mehndi.
After applying Mehendi
After applying Mehndi following steps should be taken:
1. After applying mehndi on hands apply the mix of lime juice and sugar syrup on it using a cotton swab at an interval of 1 or 2 hours. This helps in making the mehndi colour darker. For more tips to make mehndi last longer, we recommend you read our tutorial on how to make mehndi last longer.
2. As the mehndi dries there might be a mild irritation on the skin. If the irritation is consistent and quite strong then wash off the mehendi and consult a doctor.
3. Do not apply water on your hand for atleast 4-5 hours. It’s best to leave the mehndi overnight to dry.
4. If you want to remove mehndi check out how to remove Mehndi at home with natural products.
If you want to read similar articles to How to make Bridal Mehndi Designs for Hands, we recommend you visit our Weddings & Parties category.
- Apply the Mehndi at least 24 hours before the wedding to make sure it has dried properly.