Quotes and Phrases for Mother’s Day
Mother's Day is a special occasion celebrated annually in several countries worldwide, aimed at expressing appreciation and gratitude for the invaluable role that mothers play in our lives. What better way to convey our feelings than through a collection of touching and inspiring quotes? Whether you are looking for something funny, sentimental, or thought-provoking, there is a quote that is sure to resonate with your mother and make her feel appreciated on this special day.
In this oneHOWTO article, we have compiled a collection of inspiring Mother's Day quotes that you can use to express your love and appreciation to your mom or any mother figure in your life.
Short and sweet happy Mother's Day quotes
Mother's Day is a special occasion to celebrate and honor mothers around the world. A thoughtful and heartfelt message can make this day even more special. Below you will find some short and sweet happy Mother's Day quotes are a perfect way to express your love and appreciation:
- No matter how many people come and go in your life, your mother's love will remain constant and true.
- I owe everything I am and will be to my mother's love and guidance.
- Even in times of scarcity, those who have a mother like you are truly wealthy.
- The love of mothers is what sustains humanity and keeps us going.
- You were my first teacher, my first protector, and now you are my forever friend, Mom.
- A mother's heart is a child's first school, where they learn the most valuable lessons in life.
- God gave us mothers because he couldn't be physically present everywhere at all times.
- You have been my rock through thick and thin.
- A mother's love is the anchor that keeps us grounded in a stormy sea.
- A mother's love knows no boundaries and endures all things.
- Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
You may find this other article interesting, where we present tattoo ideas featuring inspirational quotes.
Funny Mother's Day quotes
While heartfelt sentiments are always appreciated, sometimes a little humor can go a long way in showing your mom how much you care. In this section, we've compiled a list of funny Mother's Day quotes that are sure to bring a smile to her face and lighten the mood on this special day.
- I want to be like a caterpillar, eat a lot, sleep for a while, and then wake up beautiful... just like my mom.
- I smile because I'm your daughter. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it.
- Mom, thanks for always pretending to like the crappy gifts I made for you when I was a kid.
- Thanks for never telling me the odds like a certain scruffy-looking nerf herder did.
- I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me Mom.
- I'm convinced that my mom can find anything I've lost, except for my sanity.
- Thanks, Mom, for not giving up on me when I was a teenager and thought I knew everything.
- A mother's love is like a boomerang - it always comes back around.
- Moms are the only people who know how to turn kisses and band-aids into magical healing powers.
- Behind every great kid is a mom who is pretty sure she's screwing it all up.
- Mothers are like buttons - they hold everything together.
- I don't always call my mom, but when I do, it's because no one else will listen to me.
Famous Mother's Day quotes
Throughout history, many famous people have shared beautiful and touching phrases about the special bond between a mother and child. From poets to presidents, these individuals have expressed their gratitude and admiration for the love and sacrifices that mothers make every day. Let us take a closer look at what they had to say:
- "A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." - Princess Diana
- "Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face." - George Eliot
- "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her." - George Washington
- "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." - Abraham Lincoln
- "Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing." - Ricki Lake
- "A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place." - Amy Tan
- "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." - Agatha Christie
If you're looking for unique and romantic ways to express your love on Valentine's Day, check out our article on creative Valentine's Day card ideas.
Happy Mother's Day quotes for grandma
Grandmothers are the matriarchs of many families, often imparting their wisdom and love to generations of descendants. As Mother's Day approaches, it's the perfect time to celebrate the special bond between grandmothers and their children and grandchildren. In this section, we've compiled a list of heartwarming and inspirational quotes to honor grandmothers on this special day.
- Grandma, you are the epitome of love, kindness, and grace. Happy Mother's Day to the best grandma in the world!
- I may not have given you the gift of life, but you have given me the gift of love and wisdom. Happy Mother's Day, Grandma!
- You are not just a grandma, but a mother figure who has always been there for me. Happy Mother's Day to the best grandma in the world!
- Grandma, you have been my guiding light and a source of inspiration. Thank you for everything you do. Happy Mother's Day!
- Grandma, your love is unconditional, and your wisdom is priceless. Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day filled with love and joy!
- To my dearest grandma, thank you for being not only a wonderful grandmother, but also a second mother to me. Happy Mother's Day!
- Grandma, your love and kindness have touched our hearts in so many ways. Wishing you a happy Mother's Day filled with love and laughter.
- You are the glue that holds our family together, dear grandma. Happy Mother's Day to the most amazing grandma in the world!
- Grandma, you have always been my rock and my source of inspiration. Thank you for being a loving and caring mother figure in my life. Happy Mother's Day!
- Grandma, your unconditional love, guidance, and wisdom have made me the person I am today. Thank you for being the best grandma in the world. Happy Mother's Day!
Be sure not to miss our article where we explain what National Siblings Day is all about. Learn the history and significance of this special day dedicated to celebrating the bond between siblings.
If you want to read similar articles to Quotes and Phrases for Mother’s Day, we recommend you visit our Festivities & Celebrations category.