What to Write in a First Communion Card
A first communion is the first event in a child's life that will bring them closer to the world of religion, a moment in which a child is introduced in the learning of Christianity and will have his or her first sacred host.
If you have been invited to a first communion,it's customary to hand a gift card to the girl or boy whose party it is. If you have never been to a first communion or have never had to write a card for such an event, at oneHOWTO we're going to give you the best tips so you know what to write in a first communion card and create a good impression at the party.
What type of card to give for a first communion
Before we give you some ideas to write in a first communion card, the first step is to find the appropriate card to write on, right?
There are many cards that are specifically designed to congratulate both girls and boys on their first communion, if you can't find them in your local card shop you can easily find one on the Internet. However, if you need a neutral card because your local shops don't have any specific messages for a first communion, you can go for a simple postcard with a pretty drawing, or one with a neutral message such as those reading ' Congratulations' or 'Best wishes'.
First holy communion quotes
There are certain messages and quotes from the bible that are typical to write in a first communion card. Though they may be a bit impersonal, they are a good way of congratulating a child for moving forward in the path of religion. Let's take a look at the best first holy communion quotes to write in your card:
- "On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight" Acts 20:7
- "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous to bring you ro God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit" Peter 3:18
- "Then Jesus declared, "i am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty" John 6:35
- "For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes" Corinthians 11:26
- "Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, 'Take, eat; this is my body'. And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, ' Drink of it, all of you'. Mattew 26:26-30
First communion blessing prayers
Another idea if you want to write something meaningful and that the child can keep as a beautiful memory on your thoughts on this special day. Take a look at the best first communion blessing prayers:
- "May you always know the peace of Jesus, the light of his love, and the joy of his life within you"
- "May God, who brought you to this special day continue to direct your life in his perfect way"
- "May this life-giving Bread always feed your soul and nourish your spirit"
- "The gifts of the Holy Spirit strengthen you making you a witness of Christ's love. May you always live your faith with joy"
- "As you receive your First Holy Communion, embrace the joy that comes from knowing Jesus and the peace that comes from growing in his love"
- "God bless you as you receive Eucharist on your First Holy Communion! May the love of Jesus shine in your heart now and forever"
First communion poems
Another idea to write in a first communion card, is to fill it with a beautiful poem that's suitable for the occasion. Although you can write your own, here are some ideas you can use:
- Option 1
Christ is the bread of life
and the cup of eternal salvation,
helping you to always live
as a child of God
- Option 2
You're a very special
child, you have the
sweetest way of bringing
great joy to each and
As you make
your first Communion,
this comes with love and pride
to bring a prayer that God will be forever
by your side.
- Option 3
We walked today,
My friend an I,
and we talked.
Wind blew; sky blew;
Sidewalks moved beneath our feet
and we talked.
Words moved through my mind
As wind through my hair
We walked today,
My friend and I,
and we talked.
Non religious messages for a first communion
If you have been invited to a first communion party but are an atheist or have other beliefs, fret not. There is no need to send a specifically religious message if you still want to be by the child's side even though you do not believe in God. These messages will be thoughtful but will not come into conflict with what you believe in:
- "Congratulations on your special day. May it be full of joy and surrounded by your loved ones"
- "My best wishes on such an important event. I am proud of you and are grateful you are in my life"
- " Wishing you everlasting happiness, peace and joy"
- " Sending you lots of love on such a special day for you"
If you want to read similar articles to What to Write in a First Communion Card, we recommend you visit our Weddings & Parties category.