How to Celebrate Valentine's Day at Home - Romantic Date Ideas
Wondering how to celebrate Valentine's Day at home? Get inspired by our romantic at home date ideas for this Valentine's day, because it's never about where you spend it but with who. With that being said, some flowers, candles and a bottle of wine won't hurt to create a romantic atmosphere.
In this oneHOWTO article we're going to explain how to celebrate Valentine's Day at home. Keep reading to get some romantic date ideas!
Valentine's Day at home date ideas
If you will be spending Valentine's Day at home, you may be wondering how to spice up your date and create a romantic atmosphere at home so that you and your loved one can celebrate your love for one another. Here are some at home Valentine's Day romantic date ideas:
- Movie marathon date: this is a very cozy and easy date to prepare. You can choose your favourite films to watch, get your partner's favourite treats, and decorate your living room or bed room with lights, flowers and candles. To watch the movie you can use your TV or maybe even a small projector.
- Private concert: if your loved one enjoys music, perhaps you can try to play something for them. This is especially for the musicians out there. You can also simply play a live concert form their favourite band on your TV or projector. If possible, you can even hire a private musician to come and play for you two. Don't forget to top this off with a romantic dinner.
- Music, dance and a romantic dinner: this is a classic when it comes to at home dates. Put on some soft and romantic music, talk and enjoy each other's company, dance to your favourite songs and eat a nice dinner together. Remember that it's the simple things in life that bring us most joy. With that being said, try to make this occasion special by dressing extra nice for your loved one, buying flowers, adding scented candles and maybe even getting them a small gift to remind them how much you care for them.
- Spa day date: why not enjoy a spa day date together at home? For this romantic date idea, you'll need to prepare certain things, such as face masks, creams, bath bombs, etc. You can even give each other massages and simply enjoy a date of self-care by caring for each other. As it's Valentine's Day, don't forget to add romantic music, scented candles and dim the lights to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Cooking date: are you both food lovers? If so, you can try a new recipe together or even hire a personal chef for dinner and learn a new recipe or have them prepare it for you. We mustn't forget how fun and romantic it can be to learn something new with our loved one.
- Indoor picnic: another idea is to fill your living room with plants, add some ambience music and have an indoor picnic. This is a cute and unique indoor date idea for quarantine or rainy days. Place a cozy blanket to sit on (maybe some pillows too) and prepare some classic picnic snacks you can have with your partner.
Valentine's Day home decoration
Decorating your home for Valentine's Day will help create the perfect scene for your loved one and remind them that this is a special occasion. For this we encourage you to add certain elements to your home, such as:
- Scented candles
- Roses, or other flowers
- Fairy lights
- DIY Valentine's day crafts
- Heart shaped chocolates
- Any other pink or red decorations
Valentine's Day meal ideas at home
When it comes to the actual meal, you should choose something that both you and your partner enjoy. Perhaps it's pasta, sushi or pizza. For the occasion, you should try to make whatever meal you choose be high quality and delicious. Once you know the main course, you can prepare an aperitif with an entrée to have before and something sweet for desert. Wine or champagne could also be a great addition to your meal course. Here are some more ideas:
- Baguette with cheese and meat (with wine)
- Cheese sticks and baked potatoes (with beer)
- Prawn cocktail, chips (with cocktails)
- Fresh porcini pasta with a side salad and cheesy garlic bread
- Pizza napoletana with buffalo wings or a salad
- Sushi with grilled salmon
Valentine's day gift
Lastly, to make this occasion even more special, it's a good idea to also get your partner a gift. This could be something they had their eye on for a while or maybe something that reminds you of them. There are also plenty of presents for couples you can get online that are a nice little gift for your loved one so you can remind them of how much you love them and how much you care for them.
You can also include a thoughtful written letter for them. It doesn't have to be long or super romantic, just be yourself and tell them how much you cherish them. Surely, they will appreciate your efforts!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Celebrate Valentine's Day at Home - Romantic Date Ideas, we recommend you visit our Festivities & Celebrations category.