How to Decorate Glass Jars for Christmas
As the recycled Christmas trend becomes more and more popular, many look for inspirations such as how to decorate glass jars for Christmas. Decorating glass jars for Christmas is so easy, so cheap, and looks so chic that there is really no reason not to try it. In the OneHowTo.com article we will explain things such as painting glass jars for Christmas, how to decorate glass jars for candles, how to decorate glass jars with glitter, decorate glass jars with fabric, decorate glass jars with ribbon, glass jar Christmas tree, and what to do with glass jars for Christmas in general. So, follow our easy step to step tips on how to decorate glass jars for Christmas!
How to decorate glass jars for Christmas: mason jars ideas for Christmas decoration
Here are a few Christmas decoration ideas with glass jars:
- make a snow globe with glass jars: you will only need decorative element, a glass jar, and some glue. Follow the instruction in our article how to make a diy snow globe.
- a nice and chic decorating glass jars for Christmas idea is the glass jar centrepiece. You will simply need to decorate your glass jar with paint, or a ribbon, and a poinsettia, or Christmas flower and put it on your Christmas dinner table. You can add pine cones, red berries, rosemary and whatever else you want really. Don't forget some gluey glitters! Isn't it easy to decorate glass jars for Christmas?
How to decorate glass jars for Christmas: painting glass jars for Christmas
Another amazing idea for glass jars with Christmas ornaments is painting glass jars. How to decorate glass jars with paint? Here are a few ideas:
- You can simply paint a glass jar in red, or white and red, wrap a red ribbon around it, and use it as a nice Christmas vase. You can use regular paint, or pray paint to make it even easier
- A very chic idea for painting glass jars for Christmas is making a more elaborate glass jar with Christmas ornaments. Apply some glued glitter on your glass jar, then make a snowy town stencil following our tutorial on how to make a stencil and paint it on your jar. Add a candle in and you will have a diy snowy town candle. The effects will be super chic, look at the picture of our diy snowy town candle!
- A nice idea for painting glass jars with kids is to paint a glass jar in yellow and then a fun emojis on it. For a more laborious kids craft, make a Papa Noel stencil and paint it on the jar. For more recycled jars git ideas, check our article.
How to decorate glass jars for Christmas: glass jars with Christmas ornaments
Here are some more ideas of how to decorate glass jars for Christmas, they are simple Christmas ornaments you can display all over the house:
- the snowman glass jar: paint the glass jar in white, paint a snowman face on it, and paint the lid in red for a snowman glass jar
- You can paint a glass jar in white and red, add a red ribbon and put the herbs you use in the kitchen in it. It will make your kitchen shelves very Christmas style!
- a simple glass jars ornament is the glass jar Santa. Paint the jar in red, then decorate it with burlap and sty foam balls, as snow.
In general, if you want to learn how to decorate glass jars for Christmas, one sure way to do it is to add lots of pine cones around the jar, tied with red ribbons.
How to decorate glass jars for Christmas: what to do with glass jars for Christmas
Here we explain few things you can do with glass jars that will save you money on things you would have done anyway:
- serve single servings of your Christmas dinner dessert in glass jars: tiramisu works very well
- make Christmas tree wreath with glass jars lids. Just decorate the lids as you like, make a hole in the, and tie them together with a red ribbon. Add pine cones, glitter etc.
How to decorate glass jars for Christmas: how to decorate glass jars for candles
Here is how to make Christmas glass jars candles
- melt down a soy wax candle in your glass jar, add some drops of essential oil. Then, decorate the jar with glitter, a red ribbon, and some wax on the edges to simulate Christmas snow. It is a beautiful glass jar with Christmas ornaments!
How to decorate glass jars for Christmas: how to decorate glass jars with glitter - decorate glass jars with ribbon
This is a ever green Christmas decoration with glass jars you cannot go wrong with: spray some glue on your glass jar, add glitters, add a red ribbon, a candle in, et voilà! You have a decorated glass jar with glitter and ribbon!
How to decorate glass jars for Christmas: decorate glass jars with fabric
- To decorate a glass jar with fabric for Christmas, you will need some pray glue and some red embroidered fabric. Cut the fabric in stars, or just leave it as it is. Spray the glue on the glass jar and glue as much fabric as you wish to it.
- Another option you have is to cover the glass jar with a old red sock and decorate it with a ribbon.
How to decorate glass jars for Christmas: glass jar Christmas tree
The glass jar Christmas tree is very easy to make. Just decorate your Christmas jars as we explained earlier. Glue 6 of them in a pyramid with lots of greenery such as rosemary and pine cones inside. Wrap them with a red ribbon and place a star on top, here you have a glass jar Christmas tree!
Another nice idea to use glass jars for Christmas tree is to make Christmas tree balls with decorated glass jar lids. Just make a hole in them, pass a red ribbon inside, and tie it to your beautiful Christmas tree.
Then, there is the mason jar globe. Buy a small fake Christmas tree, glue it inside the mason jar lid. Fill the glass jar with glycerine, glitter and fake snow. Tie the lid, and here your go! A glass jar Christmas tree.
As you can see, there are many ways to decorate glass jars for Christmas, and they are all so easy to make!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Decorate Glass Jars for Christmas, we recommend you visit our Festivities & Celebrations category.