DIY Halloween Party Decoration Ideas
What better way to decorate your house for Halloween other than with DIY decorations made with recycled items you have around your home? In this oneHOWTO article we're going to show you how to make your own Halloween decoration with other simple tutorials.
Keep reading to learn more!
What better centre piece than a scary yet cute jack o'lantern inspired candle holder? These are super simple mini jack o'lanterns done with manderins or oranges. This project isn't only easy and Halloween themed, but it will also help your home have a nice scented ambience.
For this craft, you will need:
- A manderin or orange
- Small candle
- Small carving knife
Once you've got everything you need, follow these instructions:
- Cut the top of your fruit.
- Scoop out everything inside so you're just left with the peel.
- Choose a design you will carve out.
- Carve it out using the carving knife. Do not allow children to do this step as they could cut themselves.
- Now you can place the small candle inside and place your decoration by the window or on the table with other candles or decorations.
You may also be interested in our article about how to make crayon candles.
A great idea for DIY Halloween decoration ideas is this hanging bats project. For this craft, you will be reusing old coffee capsules for the base of the bats. You will then be using coloured paper and markers to decorate it and transform the capsule into a bat!
For this craft you will need:
- Old black coffee capsules
- Coloured paper
- Markers, colours, etc.
- Tape of glue
Once you have your materials ready, you can start crafting by following these instructions:
- Cut out small wings for the coffee capsules by using black paper.
- Now, you can make the eyes with white paper and a black marker.
- Lastly, you can make the fangs or mouth using whatever colour you desire.
- Now you will paste everything together so it looks like a cute little bat.
- Finally, you will make a hole on the top of the capsule using the scissors. This step can only be done by an adult.
- This hole is where the string will go through. Cut the string and tie it together so you can hang it up with ease.
You may also like our article about how to make Halloween decorations out of paper.
Candy is an important part of Halloween. Therefore, it's no surprise that many people enjoy making different types of candy holders with the festive theme. You can decorate it in many ways, such as mummies, zombies, ghosts, etc. This DIY craft is very free, helping kids let their imagination run wild and create their own little monster without worrying too much about following
For this project, you're going to need:
- Kitchen paper roll tubes
- Markers, colours, etc
- Coloured paper
- Tape or glue
Once you have your supplies, you can follow our instructions:
- Cut the kitchen paper roll tube in half.
- Choose a design. Whether it is a ghost, zombie or mummy, you will need to prepare what materials you will need to make your Halloween candy holder.
- Now, simply cut, paste and paint until you're satisfied with your creation!
You may also want to learn how to make soft caramel candy at home.
Next on our list, is a DIY spider web decoration. These DIY crafts are perfect for doors and windows. They make the house look for festive. For this project you will need:
- White or black paper
To make these easy spider web decorations, follow our simple instructions:
- First, you will choose the paper you want to use.
- Then, you will fold it in half three times, until you are left with a triangle.
- Cut the end so it's more round.
- Now you will cut out rectangles from the side that is folded.
- To make it more believable, make the first lines or rectangles smaller and make them bigger towards the end. Start at the tip and go outwards making each line a littler thicker.
- Once you're done cutting you can unfold your paper and it should look like a spider web. You can make any necessary cuts so as to make it look more like a spider web.
- Now it's time to tape it up to your windows or door frames!
- Some people like to make little or big spiders out of the same paper and paste it onto the spider web.
You may also be interested in our article about how to make Halloween ghost cookies.
Lastly, we have the classic Halloween decoration: the jack o'lantern. This decoration consists of carving a scary face into a pumpkin, turnip or other root vegetable associated with Halloween. We often see these decorations on the front yard or porch of many homes. They're also featured in many Halloween themed American films.
For this project you will need:
- Pumpkin or other root vegetable associated with Halloween
- Carving knife
To do this, follow our simply instructions:
- Select a large pumpkin for easier carving.
- Cut a circle out of the top of the pumpkin.
- Take out all of the seeds and pumpkin it has inside, until you're left with the thick skin.
- Now you can wash and dry the pumpkin.
- It's time to carve out the face you want on your pumpkin. For this, select a pattern you've found online or let your imagination run wild and make your own design.
- Use a sharp knife when cutting. Do not allow children to do this step. If your child wants to make their own design, they can paint the face on the pumpkin instead of carving it out.
- Once you have the design, you can leave it as is or you can add a candle inside of the pumpkin to make it more festive.
If you're going to make a jack, you may also need to know how to prevent a moldy jack o'lantern.
If you want to read similar articles to DIY Halloween Party Decoration Ideas, we recommend you visit our Festivities & Celebrations category.