How to Throw a Halloween Party for Adults
Halloween is fast approaching and you have to prepare a party for your friends, but where do you start? There are many factors to consider when organizing a terrifying party. To make life easier for you at oneHOWTO we show you step by step how to throw a Halloween party for adults.
Decorate your home with Halloween motifs
Decoration is an essential element of a Halloween party for adults. There are different ideas you can draw upon that will make your home a place of terror and mystery... notes the one you like best!
- Fill your table with Halloween decorations by using a table cloth with spider drawings for example, or use plates with spider webs on the edges. You can also put a couple of classic Jack o Lanterns on the table.
- Use candle holders and give your home a mysterious lighting. You can make these Halloween candle holders from 1.5 liter plastic bottles, cutting them in half with a knife and then cutting holes for the eyes and mouths. Put the candle light in the bottle, it will give off a sinister touch perfect for Halloween.
- Fill your house with Ghost Halloween decorations. To do this simply inflate balloons in different fluorescent colors and draw on eyes and mouths using a black permanent marker. They will scare your guests for sure!
Apply terrifying make up!
Another idea for a Halloween party for adults lies in the importance of make up. It is not the same to welcome your guests with a clean face than it is to open the door with a bullet hole between the eyes, right?
Surprise your guests with special Halloween make up. Here are some make up ideas:
- Fake wound
- A nail in the face
- A bullet in the face
Choosing a good Halloween costume is essential
It is clear: to live Halloween in all its glory the most important thing is to find a good disguise. There are many possibilities when choosing what outfit is best for you. At OneHowTo we help you choose by offering you Halloween costume ideas so you can go for with whichever one you like best.
- Dressing up on Halloween when pregnant: A good idea to leave all guests totally spooked is to simulate the limbs of the baby are coming out of the belly.
- Costumes for couples: If you like matching with your partner whenever you dress up there are many possibilities to have a matching costume. For example, the duo of Homer and Morticia Adams is recurrent for couples, or a corps like bride and groom.
- Finding a Halloween costume for women is very simple, you just have to think about what terrifying creature you want to become and then unleash your imagination. For example, you can dress up as a witch or a corpse like bride, etc. You can also go for the classics such as the cheerleader too.
- Men also have many options when choosing their Halloween costume. For example, they can make a Zombie costume or dress up like a Werewolf.
Prepare a terrific menu
Be original and creative in planning the menu that will be served during the Halloween party. If you want to know how to organise a good Halloween party for adults, the dinner menu is the perfect setting to let out your creativity flow. In OneHowTo we offer you some recipes with which you can surprise your guests, take note!
- Bloody fingers: your guests will be shocked by this appetiser made from frankfurter sausages, ketchup and almonds. Fry the sausages in a pan, cut off the bottom and apply a little ketchup to look like blood. The fingernail is done by placing a piece of almond on the rounded part of the Frankfurt.
- Funeral Sandwiches: another fun recipe for Halloween. You just have to cut the loaf of bread in a coffin shape and write with olive paste the letters RIP. Fill the sandwiches with what you like: turkey, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, egg, etc.
- Bananas with ghostly shapes: get your fruit to be more fun on Halloween by cutting the banana in half and decorating its face with chocolate chips. They will look just like ghosts!
- Meringue bones: spread the meringue on a baking tray and cut in the shape of bones. An exquisite and twisted dessert!
For more ideas, check out our article on Spooky Halloween food ideas.
A selection of games for Halloween
Who says adults do not play? To know how to throw a Halloween party for adults you must not fail to prepare a list of fun games that will liven up the evening.
- Have a costume contest! Encourage guests to come to your Halloween party in costumes and prepare a fun contest.
- Play Halloween Trivial Pursuit: it is another game typical of this celebration. Prepare a series of questions and answers with the theme of mystery and suspense modelled on the game Trivial Pursuit. The laughter will be guaranteed!
- Charades: a classic at any party and, to keep to the theme of Halloween, you can have the films and books to be signed out all based on the genre of horror. Can you guess what it is?
A Halloween party fir for your needs
Now you know how to organise a Halloween party for adults. However, the trick is to free your imagination and fill your event with elements that invite mystery and terror into the party. For example, you can put create a special music play list for your party based on different horror film soundtracks or you can decorate the ice cubes in a Halloween style with surprising effects.
You already know, the key is to be creative and original. Give it a go!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Throw a Halloween Party for Adults, we recommend you visit our Festivities & Celebrations category.